Tricolore Penne Pasta with Chicken
- 3/4 box (12 ounces) whole-wheat penne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, (not oil-packed), sliced into strips
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups roughly chopped arugula leaves
- 1 medium head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 large head endive, bottom 1/2-inch removed, then sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil over a medium heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook until the garlic is soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook, stirring a few times, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the arugula, radicchio, endive, broth, salt, and pepper, and cook until the greens are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add pasta water, as necessary, for a wetter sauce.
Combine the pasta and vegetable mixture in the pasta pot and toss to combine. Add the basil just before serving. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and a sprinkling of basil.
Excellent Source of: Calcium, Fiber, Folate, Iron, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Protein
Good Source of: Copper, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Riboflavin, Selenium, Thiamin, Zinc, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid
Thank you! your flag was submitted.