- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 medium poblano peppers (about 4 ounces each), seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1 pound ground white meat turkey
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans white beans such as cannelini, preferably low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, poblanos, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cayenne and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth and oregano. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Add the hominy and salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking, partially covered, 10 minutes longer. Ladle into individual bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cilantro. Garnish with a lime wedge.Per Serving:
Calories 320; Total Fat 6 g; (Sat Fat 0.5 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 31 g; Carb 37 g; Fiber 9 g; Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 310 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Thiamin, Vitamin C, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus
Good source of: Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin K, Potassium, Zinc
Thank you! your flag was submitted.