- 1/2 loaf sliced rustic bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces cheese curds (recommended: Mt. Townsend)
- 1/2 cup mixed greens (basil, arugula, watercress, herbs)
Mustard Wine Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat a grill to medium.
Brush the sliced bread with pesto and grill until slightly charred. Remove the bread from the grill, cut it into 1-inch cubes and add it to a serving bowl. Gently stir in the tomatoes, cheese curds, and the mixed greens.
Vinaigrette: Add the vinegar, mustard, shallot, garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, to a food processor. Pulse to combine. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad let it soak into the bread for 20 minutes before serving.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.