1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 pounds white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chiffonade
- 1 pint bocconcini
- 1/2 pound hard salami, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of the lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano. Gradually add 3/4 cup of the olive oil, whisking constantly.
In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms and marinade and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Let come to room temperature before serving.
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Skewer the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the skewers with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and olive oil. Place on the grill and grill just until the skins begin to char, about 3 minutes. Remove from the skewers.
Compose salad of lettuce, mushrooms, Bocconcini, salami, and grilled cherry tomatoes.