- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound)whole Australian fish, such as Barramundi, Murry Cod, or skate, scaled and gutted
- 2 medium rock lobsters, halved lengthwise
- 2 pounds medium prawns, peeled and deveined (head and tail-intact)
- 2 medium King crabs
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dozen Rock or Sydney Rock oysters
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons dark cane syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 whole lemons, halved
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat the grill.
Using a small sharp knife, make several slashes on both sides of the whole fish. Season the whole fish, lobsters, prawns, and crabs with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the whole fish and crab on the grill.
In a small food processor, combine the tamarind, garlic, jalapeno, cane syrup, molasses, ketchup and water. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth. Brush the seafood with the tamarind mixture, several times while grilling. The grilling time will vary according to size. The whole fish and crabs should go on first, they usually take about 6 to 8 minutes, depending on weight. The lobsters with take about 6 to 7 minutes. The prawns and oysters about 4 to 6 minutes, again depending on size. **The lobster and crab shell will turn bright reddish pink and the prawns will turn pink and their tails will turn in.
Place all of the fish on a large platter. Squeeze the lemons over the seafood and garnish with parsley