Andouille Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped Andouille sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup day old cornbread, crumbled
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Creole spice-recipe enclosed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, tops removed and cavity cleaned out
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Add the onion and Andouille, and saute for 1 minute. Add the green onions, celery, chopped bell pepper, and garlic, cook 1 minute. Then stir in the cornbread and stock, season with creole spice, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Fill the cavity of the whole peppers and place in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.