- 1 pound Andouille sausage, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease a 13 by 9-inch rectangular baking dish. In a saute pan, render the andouille for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the onions wilt. Remove from the heat. In mixing bowl, whisk the cream, eggs and milk together. Stir in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Combine cornmeal, baking powder and stir in andouille mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the spoonbread is set. Spoon the spoonbread into a bowl. Garnish with green onions and cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.