- 6 cups store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons strawberry liqueur or Kirsch
- 1 cup lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Divide the cake evenly among 4 coupe glasses or small bowls. Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the strawberries and sugar and saute for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the brandy and liqueur. Tilt the pan towards the open flame to ignite and once lit, swirl the pan until the flames die out, about 30 to 45 seconds.
Divide the strawberries evenly among the bowls over the angel food cake cubes and garnish with the whipped cream and mint leaves.