Apple-Brandy Grilled Pork Loin
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 to 3 1/4-pound) pork loin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
To make the marinade, in a bowl, combine the apple juice, brandy, brown sugar, mustard, oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 12 teaspoon of the pepper, the cinnamon, allspice, and cayenne and whisk well to combine and dissolve the sugar.
Preheat a grill to medium-low heat (230 degrees to 250 degrees F).
Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry, discarding the marinade, and season on all sides with the Essence and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Grill the pork with the grill lid closed, turning several times, until an instant-read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 145 degrees F when inserted into the thickest portion of the meat, about 45 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the meat.
Remove the pork from the grill, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch
Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Sicilian Grilled Pork Loin with Agrodolce Grilled Peaches, Grilled Pork Chops with Long Hots and Yellow Bell Peppers, Grilled Pork Chops with Peck Seasoning and Charred Peppers, Barbecuing, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Pork Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.