Apple-Mint Couscous Salad
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped sweet apples
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup toasted and shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large pita, toasted and cut into 8 triangles
- 2 leaves of bibb lettuce
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat. Add apples, shallots, garlic, mint, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 2 minutes. Add the couscous and olive oil and saute, stirring, for 1 minute. Now stir in the chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute. Stir in remaining butter and turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Uncover and allow to cool to room temperature. When cool, fluff with a fork and fold in the pumpkin seeds and feta cheese, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with toasted pita triangles, on a bed of crisp bibb lettuce.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.