Arugula and Prosciutto Salad with Pears, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and stemmed
- 1 cup pears, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Maytag Farms blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced thinly
In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, pears, and blue cheese. Toss with the dressing. Top with pecans and prosciutto, and serve.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001