Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Roasted Walnut, and Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 cup roasted walnuts, warm
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound arugula, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 head radicchio, julienned
- 12 endive spears/leaves
- 1/2 pound Maytag blue cheese
- 1/4 cup edible flowers
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
Place the warm walnuts in a mixing bowl. Add the orange juice and rice wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for 10 minutes for the flavors to infuse together. Whisk in the oils. Re-season if needed. For the lettuces: In a mixing bowl, combine all the greens together and toss with the walnut oil. To assemble, remove the endive spears for the greens and arrange around the platter. Mound the arugula and radicchio in the center of the endive. Sprinkle the Maytag and walnuts around the greens. Garnish with the edible flowers and cracked black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.