Asian Flank Steak Salad Over Cold Noodles
- For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 pounds flank steak (1/4-cup marinade per pound)
- For the Cold Noodle Salad:
- 3 cups cooked angel hair pasta, al dente
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
In a small bowl combine the marinade ingredients. Mix well. Place the flank steak in a large plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the meat. Squeeze out the excess air and seal. Refrigerate for 24 hours, refrigerated.
Preheat grill or broiler.
Remove the flank steak from the marinade. Grill or broil on both sides for 6 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 2 hours until cold.
Meanwhile, make the noodle salad. In a bowl toss together the pasta, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy, green onions, crushed red pepper, and carrots. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Place in the middle of a large plate. Slice the flank steak and position the slices around the plate or toss it all together.