Asian Rubbed Baby Back Ribs with Hoisin BBQ Sauce and Lotus Root Stir Fry
- 3 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Asian Essence ( Chinese five-spice powder, clove, salt and pepper)
- Stock or sake, for steaming
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- For Lotus Root Stir-fry:
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped garlic
- 3 cups thinly sliced lotus root
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup blanched soy beans
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place ribs in a large baking dish and rub with blend of spices. Place dish into oven for 3 hours, occasionally adding stock or sake into the pan to help steam the ribs.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant. Add additional ingredients and whisk to combine.
Serve ribs directly from oven with Hoisin BBQ sauce and Lotus Root Stir-Fry.For Lotus Root Stir-fry:
In a large saute pan or wok over high heat, add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add lotus root and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and cook an additional minute. Turn off heat, mix in soy beans and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Kansas City-style Baby Back Ribs with Onion Rings and Boiled Corn, Tequila and Lime Baby Back Ribs with a Guava and Ginger Glaze, Paprika-Glazed Baby Back Ribs, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Asian, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, For a Family, Beef Wellington Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.