Asparagus Salad with Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and steamed until just tender
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper. While continuing to whisk, add the vegetable oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly. Whisk in the walnut oil.
Place asparagus on platter and pour dressing over asparagus. Garnish with walnuts and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.