Awesome Little Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam, or 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 12 to 15 small square dinner rolls
- American cheese slices, optional topping
- Yellow mustard, optional topping
- Ketchup, optional topping
- Pickle relish, optional topping
- Sliced pickles, optional topping
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, optional topping
- Tomato slices, optional topping
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper and set aside.
Place the meat in a large mixing bowl. Add the Baby Bam, salt, and pepper, and mix with your hands until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Form the meat into small, thin, square patties, 2 1/2 to 3 inches square, using 3 to 4 tablespoons of meat for each. Place on the baking sheet as they are formed.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and when hot, add the minced onions, and cook, stirring, until just fragrant. Remove from heat. Preheat flat side of cast iron griddle. Coat lightly with oil. Place meat patties on hot griddle and cook for about 4 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the burgers over and place 1 tablespoon cooked onions on top of each patty. Place the top buns on the patties and cook on the second side for 2 to 3 minutes. (If desired, place the cheese on the patties before topping with the buns.)
Arrange the bottom buns on a large platter. Top with desired condiments. Slide the burgers with their onions onto the bottom buns. Serve hot.Baby Bam Seasoning:
Here's something to season your foods, like the grown-ups do with Emeril's Original Essence. Add another dimension by sprinkling it into everything, from soups and sauces to pizza and hamburger patties. You fearless bammers out there can kick this up a notch by adding cayenne, to taste. (I'd start with about 1/4 teaspoon, and then take it from there.)
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine with a wooden spoon.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Yield: about 3/4 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.