Baby Lamb Chops with Cucumber-Mint Relish
- 12 single baby rib lamb chops, frenched (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Essence, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cucumber Mint Relish, recipe follows
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Cucumber-Mint Relish:
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
Place the lamb chops in a baking dish. In a bowl combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, mint, lemon juice, Essence, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the chops and turn well to coat on both sides. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or refrigerate, covered for up to 4 hours.
Place the chops in a flat layer on a broiler pan. Preheat the broiler and cook until medium-rare and brown on the outside, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and serve with the Cucumber-Mint Relish. (Alternately, the chops can be grilled.)Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from New New Orleans Cooking, by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.Cucumber-Mint Relish:
Place the diced cucumber in a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl. Lightly salt and let drain for 1 hour. Pat dry with paper towels and place in a clean bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 4 hours before serving. Stir well before serving.
Yield: 2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.