- 2 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Backyard Barbecue Sauce, recipe follows
- Tailgate Teri Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Rub the ribs with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili powder, black pepper, salt and cilantro. Wrap ribs in foil and oven bake for 1 hour turning once. Open foil and baste frequently with backyard barbecue sauce.
To serve, drizzle with mixture of equal parts Backyard Barbecue Sauce and Tailgate Teri Sauce.
Backyard Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cinnamon stick
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, then simmer for 1 hour. Strain and store in the refrigerator.
Tailgate Teri Sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium orange, juiced
- 1/2 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and minced
Combine all ingredients and blend well.