Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Almonds
- 18 (1 by 1/4-inch) pieces cream cheese
- 18 pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
- 18 salted and roasted whole almonds
- 6 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- Special equipment: 18 wooden picks
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stuff 1 piece of cheese and 1 almond into each date, then wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick if desired. Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, Emeril's Food of Love Productions, 2008