- 4 (6-ounce) codfish fillets, skins removed
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted Irish butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Lakeshore Strong Irish Mustard or Colman's English mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, or spring onions
- 6 ounces Irish cheese, such as Dubliner, Coolea, or Carrigaline, or Irish cheddar such as Kerrygold Vintage, grated
- 1 cup heavy Irish cream
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a casserole dish and set aside.
Lightly season the codfish on both sides with Essence and place in the prepared dish, skin side down.
In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley, mustard, and garlic, and mix well. Add the cheese and mix well. Place on the fish, patting down to make a crust. Pour the cream over the fish and bake until the fish is cooked through, golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from ?New New Orleans Cooking?, by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch Published by William and Morrow, 1993.