Baked Louisiana Blue Crab Imperial with Caviar and Sauteed Pea Shoots
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shell and cartilage
- 2 to 4 tablespoons caviar
- 1/4 bread crumbs
- 1/4 finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh pea shoots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, bell peppers, shallots, parsley, tarragon, salt, and white pepper. Gently fold the crabmeat into the mayonnaise mixture, being careful not to break up the lumps, then carefully fold in the caviar until just mixed.
Divide the crabmeat among 4 scallop shells or shallow ramekins. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon each bread crumbs and cheese on top of each and bake until warmed through and browned on top, about 12 to 15 minutes.
In a large skillet melt the butter, then saute the pea shoots until slightly wilted but still bright green, about 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
Remove the crabmeat shells from the oven and place on 4 plates, and surround with the pea shoots.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Avocado and Blue Crab Cakes with a Mango, Papaya and Macadamia Nut Salad Tossed with Spicy Cilantro Dressing, Blue Corn Crab Cakes with Black Olive-Red Pepper Relish and Basil Vinaigrette, Lump Blue Crab Salad, Main Dish, Flank Steak Recipes, Easy Main Dish, Chicken Breast Recipes, Roasted Chicken Recipes, Salisbury Steak Recipes