For the Fish:
- 2 fresh sea trout, filleted with the skin on
- Olive oil
- Creole seasoning, recipe follows
For the potatoes and vegetables:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds first of the season red potatoes, boiled until fork tender
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, cleaned and blanched
- 2 large bundles asparagus, blanched
For the Lovage and Green Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lovage, chopped
- 1/4 cup green garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle the trout with olive oil and season with the Creole seasoning. Put it on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
In another saute pan, saute the snap peas in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
In another saute pan, saute the asparagus in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Turn all of the vegetables out onto a large platter and keep warm.
For the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and season with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the lovage, green garlic, and crushed red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
To serve: Place the fish on top of the vegetables and potatoes. Pour the sauce over the fish. Sprinkle with a little more Creole Seasoning.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup