- 1 whole banana, peeled and sliced in half
- Foil envelope, made with 8x10-inch piece of aluminum foil
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 tablespoon Myers Dark Rum
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 scoops banana rum ice cream (fold bananas into softened rum ice cream )
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
Preheat the oven to 400.
Lay the bananas in the foil envelope. Scrape the vanilla bean and spread the insides over the bananas. Place the scraped pod in the envelope. Add the butter, rum, sugars, and spices to the envelope, seal, and place in the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, open the envelope and pour the banana with its sauce over the banana rum ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream, powdered sugar and mint.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay