- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and cook for 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes with juice, the tomato puree, and parsley. Stir to blend and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.