Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches with Horseradish Spread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large loaf French bread, halved lengthwise and lightly toasted
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, Essence, 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and spread evenly over the tenderloin. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin and sear on all sides. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the tenderloin into thin slices.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and whisk to blend. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil.
Generously spread both sides of the French bread with the horseradish mayonnaise. Top one slice with the sliced roast beef, tomato slices, arugula, and cheese shavings. Top with the remaining slice of bread and press down to close. Slice crosswise into individual sandwiches, and serve.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mustard and Brown Sugar BBQ Beef Sandwiches, Dry-aged Italian Beef Sandwich with Homemade Giardiniera, Sweet Peppers, Suet-Fried Chips and Broccoli Rabe, Open-Faced BBQ Beef Sandwich, Beef Recipes, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.