Black Bean Mole
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure ground Pasilla chili powder
- 1 cup cooked black beans (rinsed if using canned)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
In a small skillet, toast the cumin seeds, oregano, sesame seeds, and chili powder, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, and then place in a blender. Then add the beans, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, honey, cilantro, lime, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth. Now transfer the mole to a medium saucepan and heat until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Serve over poultry or fish accompanied by some tortilla chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.