Black Cod in Papillote with Pinot Blanc
- 6 (8-ounce) black cod fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned red peppers
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow squash
- 1/4 cup chopped chervil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Pinot Blanc
- 6 (1-inch) pats unsalted butter
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
6 (10 by 12-inch) squares heavy duty aluminum foil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay the 6 pieces of aluminum foil on a flat surface. Place 1 fillet atop each piece of foil. Season fillets with salt, pepper and Essence. Evenly divide vegetables and herbs among the 6 pouches and lay on top of the fish. Top the vegetables with a pat of butter and some of the wine. Fold foil pouches up carefully, and bake 20 minutes. Serve immediately.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, Published by William Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.