- 20 pickled red cherry peppers, in brine
- 20 very small bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), about 8 ounces, or larger ones cut into pieces
- 20 basil leaves, stems removed
- 20 strips prosciutto (about 1/4 pound)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprigs fresh basil, garnish
Remove the peppers from the brine, reserving the brine.
Cut away the stems and top 1/4-inch from each pepper. Using a melon baler, scoop out the seeds.
Return the stuffed peppers to the brine. When ready to serve arrange on a platter and garnish with basil sprigs.