- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 (8-ounce) round brie cheese, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Pear slices, for serving
- Assorted crackers, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the bottom half of the brie round, cut side up in the center of the pastry. Gently pack the sugar on top of the brie and arrange walnuts on top of the sugar. Top with the remaining brie half, (cut side down). Trim the puff pastry so that there is only a 2-inch border around the brie. Reserve excess pastry trimmings for decoration, if desired. Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash and fold the pastry around the brie. Place the brie, seam side down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Use desired shape cookie cutter to cut designs from the excess pastry, if desired. Place on top of the brie and brush again with the egg wash.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Allow brie to stand for 3 minutes before serving with pear slices and assorted crackers.