Buttermilk Cornbread Dressing
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Steen's 100 percent Pure Cane Syrup
- Dash of Crystal Hot Sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups crumbled leftover cornbread
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart glass rectangular pan with the butter. In a large saute pan, render the bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes, or until soft. Season the onions with pepper. Add the garlic and remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and syrup together. Add the bacon mixture and stir well. Season the mixture with the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add the cornbread, salt and cheese. Mix well. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake until the pudding is golden brown and bubbly, about 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.