Cantaloupe, Prosciutto and Arugula Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chives and parsley
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 10 ounces fresh arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted Marcona almonds, or other almonds with skin removed
In a mixing bowl combine the vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Combine the vegetable oil and olive oil in a measuring cup. While continuously whisking the vinegar mixture, add the oil in a slow, steady stream, until completely emulsified. Whisk in the fresh herbs and set aside as you prepare the salad.
In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, red onion, prosciutto, arugula and almonds. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine; all ingredients should be well coated with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.