Capocollo and Citrus Crusted Snapper with a Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces cold butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 limes, zested
- 2 oranges, zested
- 8 ounces capocollo ham, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for coating cedar planks
- 2 teaspoons Essence, plus more for seasoning fillets, recipe follows
- 6 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets, skin off
- 6 (8-inch) untreated cedar planks
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a saucepan, combine the wine, lemon juice, peppercorns, bay leaf and thyme. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cream and bring the liquid back to a boil and reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter, a cube at a time, until all the butter is incorporated. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer and keep warm. Do not allow sauce to boil.
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch the zests for 1 minute. Remove the zest from the water and shock in an ice bath. Remove the zests from the ice bath and pat dry. In a small saute pan, over medium heat, render the capocollo ham until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Add the blanched zest, bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add 2 teaspoons of Essence and mix well. Season the fillets lightly with Essence. Rub the top of each cedar plank with olive oil. Place each fillet on a plank. Divide the ham mixture evenly among the fillets. Place the planks on a sheet pan and place in the oven. Bake the fillets for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the fish is flaky. Serve the planks with a drizzle of lemon butter sauce.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Cran-Citrus Chutney, Snapper with Olives: Cernia con Olive, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Roasted Turkey Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.