Carne Sala with Apple Salad
- 6 ounces beef tenderloin, sliced paper thin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 green apple, peeled and cored
- 1 small head radicchio from Treviso
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil from Lago di Garda plus 2 ounces
Lay beef slices out in a shallow casserole. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, pepper, caraway seeds, vinegar and salt and pour over meat. Cut apple into 1/8th-inch julienne and place in dressing bowl. Pull leaves off Treviso and toss with garda oil and season lightly with salt. To serve, place 3 slices of beef on each plate and cover the slices with handfuls of salad. Drizzle the salad with more oil and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.