- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives, as garnish
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Add apple and carrots and saute for 2 minutes. Carefully add the white wine, chicken, stock, and cumin. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the apples and carrots are soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree with an immersion blender or, in batches, in a blender. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.