Catfish Pecan Meuniere
- 1 cup flour
- Rustic Rub, recipe follows
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 catfish fillets, 8 ounces each
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, warm
- 1 cup haricots verts, seasoned and Sauteed in butter
- 1 tablespoon brunoise red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Rustic Rub:
- 8 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
In a mixing bowl, season the flour with Rustic Rub. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Season each side of the fillets with Rustic Rub. Heat the oil in a saute pan. Dredge the fillets in the flour. Dip each fillet in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off, completely. Dredge the fish in the flour.
When the oil is hot, but not smoking, pan fry the fillets in the oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the fillets with Rustic Rub.
Discard the oil and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel. Return the pan to the heat and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter starts to foam, add the pecans and stir for 1 1/2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Stir in the parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and cream, for about 15 seconds. Stir in the remaining butter. Season with salt and cayenne.
Mound the potatoes in the center of the plate. Arrange the beans around the potatoes. Lay the fish directly on top of the potatoes. Spoon the sauce over the fish. Garnish with the peppers and chives.Rustic Rub:
Combine all ingredients and store in an air-tight container.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.