- 2 1/2 pounds pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Prepare the smoker. In a large mixing bowl, add the pork. In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients together. Mix well. Toss the pork with the seasoning and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Grind the meat twice in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/2-inch die. Or a food processor could be used. Stuff 1/2 of the mixture into 1 1/2-inch casings, forming 6-inch links. Form the remaining meat into 3 - 1/2 pound patties. You can either use the sausage fresh or smoked. For the smoked sausage: place the sausage in the smoker and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.