Cheese and Yogurt Pie
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups crumbled feta or Manouri
- 1/4 cup grated Kefalotyri or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup strained Greek yogurt, or plain yogurt drained in a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth, until thick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a 10-inch spring form pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after the addition of each. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan and bake until set and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003