Cheese Quesadillas with Guacamole
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Jalapeno
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl, add the avocados. Using a fork, slightly mash the avocados. Add the lemon juice, garlic, and red onions. Mix thoroughly. Season the mixture with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Sprinkle 1/4 of each cheese over the top of four individual tortillas. Top the tortillas with the remaining four tortillas. In a saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, gently lay a quesadilla in the hot oil and pan-fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and repeat the cooking process for the remaining quesadillas. Serve the quesadillas with the guacamole.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.