Chicken Confit and Asparagus with Pasta Rags
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups confit of chicken, shredded
- 1/2 pound asparagus, blanched and cut into 2-inch spears
- 1 pound pasta rags, cut into 2-inch pieces, al dente and tossed with olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, plus 1/4 cup, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
- Bottle of white truffle oil, to drizzle
In a saute pan, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot, saute the shallots and garlic for 1 minute. Add the chicken and asparagus and continue sauteing for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drop the pasta rags in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove and drain. Turn the pasta into a mixing bowl. Toss the pasta with the extra-virgin olive oil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Fold in the chicken and asparagus. Add the chives and season with salt and pepper. Place the pasta in an over-sized shallow pasta platter. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, chives and a drizzle of white truffle oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.