Chicken Stuffed with Wild Rice, Collard Greens, and Sausage
- 1 (3-pound) chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey or pork sausage
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped collard greens
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Assorted fresh herbs, for garnish, optional
- Special Equipment: kitchen string
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a small skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it into pieces as it browns. Set aside.
Lay the chicken out, skin side down, in a baking pan. Layer the rice on top, then add the greens, and then cover with sausage.
Fold the leg back to reform its shape and truss chicken with the kitchen string.
Brush the chicken with the melted butter. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and tender.
Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Lenny Thomas
Chicken Stuffed with Smoked Mozzarella, Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli Rabe over Potatoes with Marsala Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri