- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Fresh pita bread
In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini paste, and garlic. Process until smooth. With the machine running, add 1/4 cup olive oil, a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the hummus in the center of a large platter. Drizzle the hummus with olive oil. Arrange the black olives and fresh pita bread around the hummus.