- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 bunch of green onions, julienned
- 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoons minced ginger
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 4 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup sake or rice wine vinegar
- 3 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed and soaked
- 1/4 pound somen noodles, cooked al dente
- 3/4 cup julienned Holly basil
- Fish sauce to taste
In a large pot, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the green onions, garlic, jalapeno, ginger and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the stock and sake. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the liquid to a boil and add the clams. Reduce to a simmer and cover the pot. Simmer for about 8 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, or until the clams open up. Discard any shells that do not open. Add the pasta and basil. Season with fish sauce. Ladle into individual bowls.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.