- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/2 pound raw bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- 1/2 pound Maytag Blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 heads of Bibb Lettuce, washed, patted dry and thinly sliced
Preheat the grill. Season the chicken breast with olive oil and Essence. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and small dice the chicken. In a skillet, over medium heat, render the bacon until crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together. Whisk in 1/4 pound of the blue cheese, a handful at a time. Whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Using a knife, dice the avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Mound the lettuce in the center of each plate. To garnish each salad, make a row of each; avocados, chicken, tomatoes, remaining blue cheese, bacon and eggs. Serve immediately.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup