- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chorizo/chaurice, cut into 1/2 moons (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup vinho verde (Portuguese white wine)
- 1 leaf fresh kale, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 3 pounds cockles or clams, scrubbed and cleaned
In a sautoir or high sided pan over medium-high heat, add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the chorizo and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and parsley and saute for 1 minute. Add the wine and stir. Add the kale and clams and cover with tight fitting lid. Cook until the clams have opened, approximately 6 minutes. Discard any that do not open.