Corn and Goat Cheese Queso
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups fresh corn, about 6 ears
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brunoise tomato
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Homemade or store bought tortilla chips, for serving
In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the corn and saute 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the garlic, jalapenos, cheese and cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle tomatoes and cilantro over top and serve with tortilla chips.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.