Corn and Wild Rice Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 ears sweet corn, blanched and kernels removed from cobs, about 3 cups corn
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 scallions, finely chopped or 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, heavy cream and milk and whisk well to combine. Add all remaining ingredients except butter and mix well.
Grease a 7 by 11 or 8 by 12-inch casserole with the butter. Pour custard ingredients into prepared casserole and bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until custard is set and golden brown on the top.