Corn and Wild Rice Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 ears sweet corn, blanched and kernels removed from cobs, about 3 cups corn
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 scallions, finely chopped or 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, heavy cream and milk and whisk well to combine. Add all remaining ingredients except butter and mix well.
Grease a 7 by 11 or 8 by 12-inch casserole with the butter. Pour custard ingredients into prepared casserole and bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until custard is set and golden brown on the top.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2000
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay