Cornmeal Crusted Lemonfish with Grilled Onion and Potato Lyonnaise and Crabmeat Ravigote
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup Creole or whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 (6-ounce) fillets of Lemonfish or Ling (or any other type of slightly firm white fish)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Essence, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, (green part only)
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the grill.
Using a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, onions, green onions, celery, garlic, mustard, parsley and lemon juice. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running and in a steady stream add the oil. Process until all of the oil is incorporated and the mixture is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, toss the crabmeat with 1/2 of the Ravigote, reserving the other half for a later use. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the onion rings with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the onions on the grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove the onions and set aside.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot add the potatoes. Saute for about 4 to 6 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown. Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Season the cornmeal with Essence. Dredge the fillets in the cornmeal, coating completely.
In another large saute pan, over medium heat, add the vegetable oil.
When the oil is hot, pan-fry the fillets until golden, about 4 minutes on each side. Add the onions and continue to saute for 4 minutes.
Add the parsley to the potato mixture. Mix well.
Remove the fillets and drain on paper towels.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cornmeal-Crusted Roasted Ratatouille Tart, Cornmeal-Crusted Soft-Shelled Crabs with Cilantro-Lime Tartar Sauce, Cornmeal Crusted Pizza with Prosciutto, Green Peas, Fontina and Parmigiano-Reggiano, Mashed Potato Recipes, Skillet, Carrot, Broccoli, Baked Potato Recipes, Smoked Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.