Cowboy Rib-Eye with Mussels
- 1 (1-pound) Cowboy rib-eye
- Essence, to taste, recipe follows
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped green onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound mussels
- 1 cup white wine
Preheat grill to high heat.
Season rib-eye with Essence and place onto preheated grill. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the rib-eye, season with salt and pepper and cook, about 8 minutes. Flip over and continue to cook until desired doneness.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add sliced onions, salt and pepper, to taste, butter, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, parsley, green onions and bay leaf and continue to saute to lightly brown the garlic, about 2 minutes. Add mussels and white wine to the skillet and cook until the mussels open, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the rib-eye from the grill and serve over the mussels.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen