- Double-crust pie dough, recipe follows
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Creole spice (Essence), recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll out half of pie dough and fit into a 9-inch pie plate; chill. In a skillet melt butter, add flour and whisk into a paste. Cook roux for 5 minutes or until it begins to turn lightly golden. Add onions, pepper and celery. Cook, stirring, 4 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add crawfish, green onions, parsley and seasoning. Cook just until heated through, about 1 minute more. Let cool slightly. Roll out remaining pie dough 1/8-inch thick. Pour filling into pie shell and top with remaining dough. Crimp edges and poke a hole in top. Bake for 40 minutes, until crust is golden and filling is bubbling hot.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.